Monday, November 12, 2007

First real post! hooray! I thought I should finally post some of the stuff I've been working on this semester up on this blog o' mine. So here goes.


Here is the first two spreads in my sketchbook for Thesis. I started thinking about how I wanted the art for my project to look.



This is the turnaround for the main character in my senior thesis, Herculese. (spelling intentional, and coloring in process)


A sketch I did for the Hydra character. I had a lot of fun coming up with a look that wasn't just a serpent. I wanted it to be a sort of underwater human. So i combined a squid, a large-mouth bass, and a slight samurai armor feel to come up with the look for him. When herculese fights him in the story. Instead of growing more heads, he makes mirror images of his body. So herculese is eventually fighting a small army of fish people.


I'll post some more things soon. After i get the good stuff scanned in.

-Zachariah Bauer

1 comment:

homespunfarm said...

LOVE the work....so nice to see what you are doing! Stay focused and post more more more